What to do this weekend 2-3 December
The first weekend of December is all about supporting Scottish businesses and shopping local. We put together a short guide of our favourite festive fairs, open studios and local shops. Even if you're super-organised and finished all your Christmas shopping in November, it is worth popping in for some glühwine and festive atmosphere - without the crowds of Princes Street.
Our favourite festive fairs
- Hopetoun House Christmas Fair - the annual Hopetoun fair returns and the good news: they added a new outdoor Christmas food market this year.
- Coburg House Open Studios - over 80 artists will be opening their doors, from painters to designers and many more.
- Christmas Hypermarket by Trakke - meanwhile in Glasgow Trakke returns with a curated makers' market. Artists include our favourite scarf designer, Karen Mabon.
- Jupiter Artland Christmas Fair - winter wonderland returns to Jupiter! Expect carol singing, gift stalls, wreath making demonstrations and delicious seasonal food and drink.
Festive fun at Malmaison
Done with shopping? How about escaping the crowds and checking out the Chez Mal's festive menu at Malmaison Edinburgh. We were kindly invited by the Malmaison Team to sample their menu this Thursday and can only recommend it! Our favourite festive cocktail was the Ginger Wine Bellini and we finally had the very first mince pie of the season. Check our Instagram stories at @edienthusiast for a sneak peek.
2ND DECEMBER, SATURDAY
Small Business Saturday
Treat a loved one (or yourself!) with a special surprise from our favourite indie shops.
- How about some freshly roasted coffee and an Aeropress from Mr Eion? Psst, we might have already done some shopping there for Mr Enthusiast.
- For the tea lover Eteaket has an amazing range of loose teas from Isle of Harris Gin Tea to Tomatin Barrel Aged Whisky Tea, and a new Tea Club subscription offer.
- Life Story in Broughton Street has some beautiful Christmas decor pieces. We're trying hard not to buy them all and turn every room in the flat into Christmas wonderland.
3RD DECEMBER, SUNDAY
24 Doors of Advent - Door 3
As massive fans of Doors Open Day, we eagerly await its mini-version in each December: the 24 Doors of Advent. Every day between 1-24 December a door of a special building opens for free to the public. This Sunday's door is the Victorian Schoolroom, but do check out the full list of doors here.
Have a nice weekend!