What to do this weekend: 8-9 December
24 Doors of Advent - Second Weekend
As massive fans of Doors Open Day, we eagerly await its mini-version in each December: the 24 Doors of Advent. Every day between 1-24 December a door of a special building opens for free to the public. This weekend's doors are Custom House and the Robert Burns Monument. There will be also special programmes accompanying the open day at both locations, so it's very much worth popping along.
Christmas fairs and pop-ups
There are quite a few Christmas fairs and pop-ups happening this weekend, so we collected our favourites:
- Newhailes Christmas Market - Newhailes is one of our favourite National Trust of Scotland properties and we can't wait to see their festive displays.
- Secret Herb Garden Christmas Market - there's always a good excuse to pop in to the Secret Herb Garden to some festive fun. Have you tried their colour changing gin yet?
- GLOW Scottish Design Fair (Saturday only) - beautiful Scottish craft from local makers at Dovecot Studios.
- Summerhall Christmas Market (Sunday only) - unique gift ideas and delicious food and drink at the Summerhall courtyard.
- Festive Family Fair at Abbotsford (Sunday only) - festive cheer and free entry to Sir Walter Scott's stunning home.
8TH DECEMBER, SATURDAY
Edinburgh Street Photography
Unseen archives from the 50s to the 70s of our beloved city - the perfect way to escape the crowds and the freezing cold weather outside and get transported back to the past through beautiful photos. The exhibition is at the City Art Centre, free entry.
9TH DECEMBER, SUNDAY
Mansfield Traquair Open Day
Not part of the 24 Doors of Advent, but Mansfield Traquair will also open its doors for a few hours this Sunday between 1-4pm. Don't miss this chance to see the stunning building if you have not yet been.
Foram Supper Club
The last Foram Supper Club of the year is happening this Sunday night at the beautiful Porteous Studio - we cannot wait! The previous dinner was hosted at Aesop and we're still dreaming about the most amazing dessert the guys created in cooperation with Mary's Milkbar. Hoping the miso ice cream will make a return! Book your tickets here, delicious food and great wine is guaranteed.
Have a nice weekend!