What to do this weekend: 31 March-1 April
It's finally the Easter weekend and there's so much happening in town you might struggle to choose from the events on offer. We picked our favourites here:
- Edinburgh International Science Festival - it's the first weekend of the science fest and our favourite events include Miracle Brew, the Synthetica exhibition, The Psychology of Bribery, and a timelapse masterclass with filmmaker Walid Salhab.
- Mercat Tours is launching a bunch of new tours this weekend. A special tour celebrating the 100th anniversary of the birth or Muriel Spark only runs during the Easter holidays. Other tours include a storytelling supper, whisky tasting, an Italian version of the Blair Street Vaults tour and a tour around a Mile with an exclusive tour of the National Museum.
- If the kids are not too keen on the regular Easter egg hunt, you can treat them with a visit at Jurassic Kingdom at Lauriston Castle or checking out the Anatomical Museum open day on Saturday.
- Good news for Wes Anderson fans that the Isle of dogs is finally out. Watch it at your favourite indie cinema, such as the Filmhouse or the Cameo. We loved the movie so much during the Glasgow Film Festival that we're planning to watch it again. And again.
- If you are after some afternoon tea, the Stables Tearoom is reopening after extensive restoration work this weekend at the stunning Hopetoun House. While there, you could also visit the house and the grounds and pop in for some Easter Eggstravaganza.
- It's also the opening weekend of Six By Nico in Edinburgh - join us to welcome our favourite Glaswegian restaurant in the 'burgh. The concept is simple: a new menu at every six weeks with quality food at affordable price. They are kicking off this weekend with their most popular Glaswegian menu to date: The Chippie. Make sure to book soon as the menu is only running until the middle of May!
- If you're yet to source some Easter treats, we recommend starting your Saturday at Mademoiselle Macaron or Edward & Irwyn as stocks are running low. Or you might attempt an ebay auction of the famous sold-out Waitrose avocado egg, like Mr Enthusiast did.
Have a nice weekend and happy Easter!